NMD is the science of occlusion encompassing not only the teeth, but the objective evaluation of the status and function of the jaw muscles and joints — before, during and after treatment — to achieve the optimal result.
The goal of the Neuromuscular Dentist is to relax the muscles controlling jaw position to establish a true physiological rest position upon which treatment considerations are based. Muscles of mastication relaxation is achieved with use of J5 Dental TENS Unit. Treatment with J5 will help with following:
- Relax masticatory and cervical/upper shoulder muscles and establish a physiologic occlusion
- Take occlusal registrations
- Take denture impressions
- Treat TMJ dysfunction and associated pain*
- Relieve symptoms associated with muscle spasm
- Increase local blood circulation
- Increase mandibular range of motion
J5 Dental TENS unit delivers controlled, periodic, bilateral electrical stimulation to help provide muscle relaxation, increased blood circulation, and increased range of motion J5 Dental TENS unit. The J5 Dental TENS unit provides four patient stimulation channels, each left and right pair with its own controls. Now, with the ability to stimulate four muscle sites simultaneously, the J5 helps improve treatment efficacy while saving time for doctor and patient. Two channels may be turned off when not required.